SSK Chronicles

Everything here is straight from my heart : nuthin more nuthin less. This is my place to pour out the Emotions smouldering within me...

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States

hmm I think of myself as paradoxical : A non vegetarian who doesnt like to kill or hurt other living things, A ceaseless romantic who sometimes thinks that relationships are just not worth gettin into since someone eventually gets hurt, A dreamer who ends up being more realistic, A pessimist who hides his optimism in pessimism & finally just another normal human being.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bang bang bangalore trip

I think lady luck was sitting right beside me during this entire trip. Well the objective of this trip was to "attend" the IIM K interview in IIM B and later attend an international MBA fair in Taj Residency.
Some of the favorable things that happened to me :

1) While going to bang, I was in a brand new AC coach and that too in a window seat, so I got to do my most favorite thing while going in a train i.e. look at the world go by from the window. ( the reason why I say this was fortunate is because in the old AC coaches the windows will be so opaque that I wouldn't be able to see anything clearly)

2) I was only 3rd in the queue for the prepaid auto queue at the Bang city station ,which is generally very crowded.

3) I did something real stooopid , I was supposed to paste my recent photo in the Interview data form but I had completely forgotten it and I noticed this on Feb 7th 11 PM and the interview was at 9:15AM the next day. I tried my luck by going to the interview without my photo, there were a couple of assistants who collect the forms and they immediately said that they were sorry but I won't be allowed to attend the interview. I pleaded with them to ask a professor and boy oh boy a prof came out and checked my admit card etc and said I could attend the interview but I should return after the interview with a photo. ( So I managed to complete the GD and interview , then went to an instant photo shop and finally gave the photo to the assistants). phewwwwwwwwwwwww Well to make the situation lighter I thought to myself that I had given my most recent photo and no one else could have given a more recent photo, the form had said "please paste your recent photograph".... & man did I give a recent photo he he he he

4) The next day 9th feb I decided to visit my sister who lives in another end of the city, and I was real lucky during this trip too. I wen to the sivaji nagar bus stand at 9AM and asked for the bus, and they said it would come in 5 mins, and by the time they finished the sentence the bus was there :-) & while returning at around 9PM I came to the bus stop and the first bus that came was a bus to shivaji nagar :-) wooowww generally it is not easy to get buses in bangalore.
& the best part is coming up next : from shivaji nagar I had to go to Majestic to get to the station , so after I reached the shivaji nagar bus stand , i just walked past a few buses wondering which will go to Majestic ( you see in Bangalore all the bus name boards were only in Kannada & obviously i don't know kannada). I remember I passed atleast 5 buses and then stopped at one to ask the driver which bus would go to Majestic and Lo and Behold the guy said his bus was going and I got into it :-)

Apart from all this a number of other small things seemed to make my life easy, like the abundance of beautiful girls even on weekdays like Tuesday & Wednesday at Jayanagar and Forum mall respectively :-) :-)

coming back to reality... I think luck is just a way of looking at your life thats all. You can take the things happening to you in a positive way and go ahead in life. I mean me forgetting the photo was actually real bad luck but I still went ahead and had a decent interview (not that I expect a call).
So I say we make our own luck ..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Bang' 'Bang' .. elaborate pls :-p
cheap ass, meeting me was the luckiest thing that happened to you in the entire trip.

Subbu

6:02 AM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger ssk said...

@ Subbu
Yes sir Mr.Subbu your comments are duly noted ;).
I do owe a big thanks to you for getting a room for me and lending your bike for use.
But man I was disappointed at the slow internet speed there, I had come with high expectations :(

7:58 AM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home