SSK Chronicles

Everything here is straight from my heart : nuthin more nuthin less. This is my place to pour out the Emotions smouldering within me...

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States

hmm I think of myself as paradoxical : A non vegetarian who doesnt like to kill or hurt other living things, A ceaseless romantic who sometimes thinks that relationships are just not worth gettin into since someone eventually gets hurt, A dreamer who ends up being more realistic, A pessimist who hides his optimism in pessimism & finally just another normal human being.

Monday, December 26, 2005

a bout of sickness

It's been quite some time since i was ill, but on saturday what started as minor shivers ended up as a high fever. I was shivering in the afternoon around 3:00 PM !!!
My throat became dry and my body temperature was high. I took a couple of Crocins and laid down. I had a tough night's sleep, i was feeling terrible and my body felt so weak.
It just takes a small virus to shut down a human being.. and unlike a PC there is no Ctrl-Alt-Del for us humans. To think that a lot of us think we are superior beings but I think nature has it's own way of maintaining a balance.
I am always reminded of a Matrix dialogue wherein when Agent smith is interrogating Morpheus he would say :
" I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure."

In fact I think that a virus is far more dangerous than a human being.
Anyway the fever subsided on sunday evening.. but I had to sleep for a long time to recover. I am still having trouble with a throat soreness so am having trouble enjoying my food :( :( ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home