SSK Chronicles

Everything here is straight from my heart : nuthin more nuthin less. This is my place to pour out the Emotions smouldering within me...

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States

hmm I think of myself as paradoxical : A non vegetarian who doesnt like to kill or hurt other living things, A ceaseless romantic who sometimes thinks that relationships are just not worth gettin into since someone eventually gets hurt, A dreamer who ends up being more realistic, A pessimist who hides his optimism in pessimism & finally just another normal human being.

Friday, December 23, 2005

it's my birthday

This is my 3rd Birthday since I joined Infy and the first one in which I was at home at 00:00AM (23-Dec).
My first 2 birthdays I was at Infy working on Open enrollment stuff.
This was also my first Birthday wherein none of my old gang of friends were in Chennai. I think this will be a continuos affair as we are all going to diversify in someway or the other.
I got some other good news too, about which I shall blog a little later. It was a pleasant surprise too.
I am now 24 years old, i certainly don't know if i have achieved anything but I hope to do something good before i have to start a family.
As the years roll by I know that things may be a little bit more difficult but i hope to persevere.

I slept at around 11:30PM last night and while I was trying to sleep I certainly did not feel very special about my birthday , i thought it was gonna be just another boring day like every other day in my life.
& Even when i woke up I wasn't feeling too great.. It just felt as though I had wasted a whole year of my life. But then something really wonderful happened, my family and friends began to call me up and wish me "Happy Birthday". Obviously my Mom and dad were the first to wish me.
Around 7:20AM I got an SMS from Jim , he is a guy in my project who has the exact same birthdate as mine (23-dec-1981). Then my cousin Naveen wished me and then his sister Pavithra called up. Then my grandmom, my uncle, Naresh ( the first of my gang to call) , Arun (patti) and Rajesh (Mallu my training batch friend).
When I reached office around 10AM first my new PM Mr. Crossley wished me, then my project mate Balasambavi and IHLD (my PU)'s HR Sunitha and my cubicle mate Santhanam.
I got emails from several people I didn't even know. I got so many more wishes that I can't give the entire list.
My previous project in which I was working for 2 years organized a birthday party for Jim and myself. the guys gave me birthday bums ( wherein they lift me and kick my ass) and finally plastered my whole face with the cake.

Man I really enjoyed the day in the end. Even though my conscience says dude what have you done to deserve such a special day, my entire body and mind was screaming forget it it's MY Day and I shall definitely enjoy it.
Well my mood was certainly buoyant in the end of the day quite an anti climax from the way I felt the previous night :-) It certainly proves the fact that society affects you in several ways.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opening up your blog to public viewing and seeking self-footage
:-p :-p

~Subbu

3:01 AM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Vijay said...

Hey Senthil...

Happy Birth month man....

and yeah... Belated b'day wishes....

11:46 PM, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home