SSK Chronicles

Everything here is straight from my heart : nuthin more nuthin less. This is my place to pour out the Emotions smouldering within me...

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States

hmm I think of myself as paradoxical : A non vegetarian who doesnt like to kill or hurt other living things, A ceaseless romantic who sometimes thinks that relationships are just not worth gettin into since someone eventually gets hurt, A dreamer who ends up being more realistic, A pessimist who hides his optimism in pessimism & finally just another normal human being.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

a whirlpool in my cup

Arghhhh I am making a statement now : I don't know what to do about my MBA.

I am done with my applications and as I had mentioned in my earlier post : "My cup almost brimmeth over", I have got admits from a couple of universities.

Now the problem is I don't know on what factors I shud decide on the final university. Personally I don't like to take loans, it's is not something I am very comfortable with. But sometimes i feel that the entire USA runs on debts only.

I had asked a few doubts about these universities to an uncle in the USA who is in a very good position and his wife was asking why I didn't apply to the top 10 universities ???
I know that the job situation for international students is not easy, but i think I can manage with that.

I also have to decide whether i shud attend the IIM-K interview on Feb8th, but it is unlikely that I will get in as I read in ET that K has sent nearly 1500 calls which makes the probability of getting an admit a 1:6 ratio after the interview.

Even between the US universities I shud decide whether I shud go for the one that offers the greatest aid or the one which is better known. Since I didn't apply to the ivy league there will be no on campus recruitment on any of the univs I had applied to.

Also I am not sure when I shud start preparing my financial proof statements and setting up the visa date et al.

Thank god atleast in the work front , i am only unofficially working for a project now, as I am officially on bench now; so this means a lot less tension & a bit more free time :).

Alrighht i have ranted enough, i think things will clear up soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever it is come over here soon:):)

RJ

7:31 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger ssk said...

@ RJ
Hey Rj nice of you to drop in from Pittsburgh. Yea man I shall certainly try to come and meet u in the USA :-)

2:01 AM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger Jagan said...

usa va da badu ?

happened to meet nithi ?

2:57 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger ssk said...

@ Jagan
Dei varen da.. as ajith wud say ezhunthuten itho varen ;)
Last I heard Nithi had gone to Delhi to get his visa stamping. No news after that.

7:21 AM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger IBH said...

jaggu boy, deii i met Nithi :)

SSk, all the best for everything !

10:26 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger ssk said...

@ IBH
Thank you for ur wishes :)
Now how cud u have met Nithi ???

7:38 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man..your chances of getting into IIM-K are very good, in that almost 90% of A,B,C call getters would also have got calls from K. Most certainly if they make it to A,B,C they would turn down K, which would easily make your chances of getting into K 1 in 2 ie. 50%.

~Naresh

1:29 PM, February 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home