SSK Chronicles

Everything here is straight from my heart : nuthin more nuthin less. This is my place to pour out the Emotions smouldering within me...

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States

hmm I think of myself as paradoxical : A non vegetarian who doesnt like to kill or hurt other living things, A ceaseless romantic who sometimes thinks that relationships are just not worth gettin into since someone eventually gets hurt, A dreamer who ends up being more realistic, A pessimist who hides his optimism in pessimism & finally just another normal human being.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

its never easy saying goodbye

Last weekend was the Summer Commencement and a few of my dear one year MBA friends graduated. It is hard to realize that I wont be seeing their faces in Rawls hall anymore :(
I am so used to talking with a few of them and joking with them ..but now they have all gone to different parts of the USA and some will eventually return to their country too. I wish them all a great life and hope their dreams do come true.

I am already afraid of the end of my 2 year program because I am really not prepared to say goodbye to a special girl. But I know she is more comfortable returning home to Taiwan than staying alone in the USA, since she loves her family and misses them a lot. I want whats best for her..

Unfortunately the people that I have grown most comfortable with, are some of my friends from Taiwan. Thanks to them I have been able to appreciate chinese culture and of course authentic chinese food. I never knew that in chinese restaurants there is a seperate menu for the people who speak chinese and they have authentic chinese dishes in it....NOT the silly american chinese food like Kung Pao chicken etc ;) One of them even talks to me in chinese without even realizing that I dont understand a single word ...ha ha ha fun times that I should try and remember forever.

Any future chinese restaurant visit WILL NEVER be the same...I will certainly miss them. But I suppose I can say I have a home in Taiwan to go to ;)

Over the years we meet many people and make many friends. A few make an impact on you and a few just drift away as time and distance erodes the relationship.

I have a good group of friends from under grad..maybe one from high school ...& I am uncertain how many will remain from grad school after a few years go by .....

This is to all my friends out there ...THANK YOU. you have all been an essential part of my life even though I may not have been in touch with you I do remember you... when I look back at old photos your memories overpower my senses with all the experiences we have had together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home